2024 Facilitator Application Form
Applications are now open to be a facilitator at the 2024 Australian Belly Dance Convention.
We are looking for a variety of topics to be presented across a range of areas;
- Sparrow Sessions – Duration: 30 min.
These are scheduled as the first session of the day to wake up and prepare the mind and body for the events of the day.
E.g. Yoga, meditation, chanting, etc.
- Movement Sessions – Duration: 1.5 hours.
Dance sessions get the participants up and moving and usually cover a specific topic or area of interest.
E.g. bellydance 101, choreography, technique, drills, combinations, etc.
- Interactive Sessions – Duration: 1 or 1.5 hours.
Focused sessions that allow the participants to interact with a subject that expands beyond dance technique. These sessions have space for discussions, collaboration and note taking.
E.g. Music, percussion, singing, stage craft skills, create a choreo together, cultural integrative knowledge, photography, etc.
(This is different to a movement session so please check what you intend to deliver before ticking this option on your application)
- Lecture Sessions – Duration: 50min delivery of topic + 10min Q&A in breakout space (total 60min time).
Demonstrate your expertise in an area. Delivered as a lecture style information share and Q&A.
E.g. Specific dance history area, business skills, dance related talk, jewelry, costuming dos and don’ts, mindfulness / mental health, physical health and safety, etc.
- Panel / Round Table Discussions – Duration: 50min delivery of topic + 10min Q&A in breakout space (total 60min time)
These moderated sessions promote healthy discussion on a specific issue or topic that is relevant to the belly dance community. A great opportunity to facilitate community-wide conversations.
E.g. Ageism, do’s and don’ts, body positivity, social media, representations, teachers and performers seminars, etc.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (a.k.a Terms and Conditions):
- ALL sessions will start and finish on time (even if you are not there!).
- All facilitators will be remunerated at a rate of $110 per hour of delivery.
- The ABDC will not be responsible for any accommodation or transportation costs, nor for the cost of any items you purchase in order to facilitate your session.
- You are expected to be a participant for other sessions. You will receive a code to be able to access the sessions at a discounted price.
- Session facilitators are required to arrive 10 mins prior to their sessions start time to setup, to ensure that the session starts on time.
- Performance applications are separate and submitting a facilitation application does not automatically provide you with a performance spot.
- Applications close on at 11.59pm on Friday 12th January 2024 (extended due to the original date being so close to the Christmas period).
Frequently Asked Questions
11:59pm on Friday 12th January 2024.
We will get in contact with all applicants in late January 2024.
Yes! please fill out a separate form for each session idea.
It is hosted in Google Forms and can be accessed via this link:
Yes, you will need to have public liability insurance that is relevant to your area of expertise. You will be asked to provide a certificate of currency with your acceptance of being a facilitator.
No you do not. A Google account will help you by saving the form as you fill it in, but you don’t require one in order to submit the form.